RE: [Harp-L] re: One-Chord Boogie

I've learned to accept that people hear music differently. Most musicians listen at a deeper level, with something of an analytical ear. We hear parts of songs as well as instruments individually, while most non-musicians seem to hear everything at once, without particular discrimination. They often don't know why a song "works" for them, or doesn't work, while we can pick out different things (the drummer is solid but the bass player is sloppy, e.g.) that help us form an opinion about a song or performance. This is a continual source of disappointment for me, not because of undeserved audience compliments but because my girlfriend is one of those non-musician types and it's next to impossible to share cool things in songs with her, or get a detailed musical opinion on something. :)

Scott