[Harp-L] Speaking of Alan Wilson

   Richard Hunter is absolutely correct; instruments back then were not
very good.  Hardly anybody knew how to modify harps.  You had Hohner
Marine Bands and a couple other models and you were stuck with what you got
out of the box.  I'd also point out that the Tony Glover book was about the
only thing out there instruction-wise until the Steve Baker book came out.
There weren't any recorders that could slow down solos for you.  You lifted
the phonograph needle back to the same spot over and over again.  There
weren't nearly as many superb diatonic players to ask questions of
either and people certainly weren't networking or sharing info.
   Yup, players today have it much easier.  Oops, I'm sounding like one of
those awful wireless commercials.

Mick Zaklan