[Harp-L] Southern California old time and bluegrass harp report

Hey David, Sorry i missed you while I was on the left coast.Thanks for
paving the way for us freereed brothers in LA.  Everyone at the Westside
jam was super nice, terrific musicians and offered a warm welcome. Though
harmonica may not have a place at the table for many in bluegrass (as
evidenced by some of the Facebook posts below, in particular I loved the
comparison of Charlie McCoy to Yoko Ono "He was the Yoko Ono of Flatt &
Scruggs") it can sound great with fiddle and the whole ensemble - one
just needs to speak the language. And speaking of the language, I really
loved your live version of “Lonesome Moonlight Waltz” , sweet tone and
phrasing.  Have you heard Tom Sauber's new bluegrass project with Herb
Pedersen "Loafer's Glory"?  Its an excellent record with some tasty BG
fiddle played by Tom. Cheers !
  http://herbpedersen.com/loafersglory

5:08 pm (PST) . Posted
by:davenaiditch<davidnaiditch@xxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20Southern%20California%20old%20time%20and%20bluegrass%20harp%20report>

Hi Trip,

Actually, I've played my chromatic harmonica dozens of times at the
Westside bluegrass jam at Industry Cafe and Jazz in Culver City so they
are used to hearing bluegrass harmonica. In fact, I've already been
informed that you showed up. Sorry I missed you. Many of these same
folks also come to the bluegrass jam at the Altadena Coffee House that I
host every month. (I've also jammed old-timey with Tom Sauber and Mark
Graham, although I'm much more into bluegrass.) Those like you who know
the tunes and understand jamming etiquette are always welcome. Next
time you visit LA, please join my bluegrass jam as well.

David Naiditch
www.davidnaiditch.**com