Re: [Harp-L] Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson's timed vibrato

Every great musician is informed by influences along the way, regardless
of their instrument.

Talent borrows, genius steals (Oscar Wilde)

Anyone who takes the word "steal" at face value in that quote doesn't get
it creatively.

SRV spent hours trying to exactly duplicate the tone and technique of
specific Albert King licks, until they were 2nd nature.  Stevie died the
most original blues guitarist to ever pick up the instrument.

I don't think Jason Ricci is re****rded for locking himself in a room and
playing Pat Ramsey licks over and over until his lips were numb.

Eric N....I hope you were just having a bad day when you wrote that, we all
want better for you (sincerely)