[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 114, Issue 17

I really enjoyed that David.

Regards,
Harry

On Feb 10, 2013, at 06:12 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:12:15 -0800
From: David Naiditch <davidnaiditch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Another version of Lonesome Moonlight Waltz
To: Harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I recorded ïLonesome Moonlight Waltzï on my ïHigh Desert Bluegrass Sessionsï CD in 2008, but here is different approach to this Bill Monroe/Kenny Baker bluegrass tune. The guitar backup sounds like Eldon Shamblin when he backed up Jethro Burns and Tiny Moore on the classic ïBack to Backï CD of 1979.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX79tQVYuNk

I played ïLonesome Moonlight Waltzï at a SPAH jam with David Payne playing his 48 chord harmonica. No easy feat for this six-chord tune. (David shared the soundtrack on Harp-L.) Also check out P.T. Gazellïs fine version of this tune on his ï2 Days Outï CD.

David Naiditch
www.davidnaiditch.com

End of Harp-L Digest, Vol 114, Issue 17