Re: [Harp-L] Key & note

Tony-

Draw 2 is the root note in cross harp, not draw 1.  The 1 hole becomes a
little dangling "extra" set of useful low notes/passing tones in cross
harp.  But, your tonics in cross harp are draw 2, blow 6 and blow 9 on a
richter harp.  (blow 3 also, but the draw 2 sounds better/flows better with
licks).  On your C richter, you will notice that these are, as you
correctly surmised, all G's.

*"I still do not get the I IV V. I know what is saying for a guitar, but
not so with the harmonica."*

Explain your understanding of I,IV,V a little bit...because if you
understand on guitar, it should translate well to harmonica.  I *think *your
issue might be separating the melody (individual notes) from the harmony
(chords) in your mind.  On both instruments, you can play either the
I,IV,V rhythm/chords *or *the solo notes on top of it.  (the diatonic
harmonica is a little crippled compared to the guitar/piano for the V
chord, however.)  Good harp players /tongue blockers can do both at the
same time!

You might benefit from Winslow's books
<http://www.amazon.com/Winslow-Yerxa/e/B002RMQAQW>or Dave Barrett's online
lessons <http://www.bluesharmonica.com/test_page>, they will help a lot.