Re: [Harp-L] Stretch tuning for diatonic harmonicas

I often use opposite method. The softer reed the more it's pitch affected
by volume. Just get an electronic tuner and any harp and try to play
different reeds soft and loud on the same reed. You will note that some
reeds go flat in pitch to -20 and even lower when you play loud, while
other are go flat not so deep (minus 3-5 cents).Usually high reeds are less
affected and low reeds are more affected (but not always!). So I usually
tune softer reeds a bit higher (3-10 cents) so it gives me more stable
octaves over different dynamics. It works like slightly narrrowed octaves
on pianissomo and slightly stretched on fortissimo.

--
Thanks, Boris Plotnikov
http://borisplotnikov.ru