Re: [Harp-L] Stretch tuning for diatonic harmonicas

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM, yd <ydrupd6666@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone use "stretch" tuning on their diatonic harmonicas?
Maybe some of you customizers? wouldn't it result in "beating" octaves?

---

Yes, stretched octaves DO beat.

When I read about it, I tried it. But in a 3 octave short harp, I didn't
find it worthwhile. I do address it in piano tuning, 7-8 octaves.

The stretch is technically and musically supported, but with so many
variations (+/- 5 cents) showing on the tuner, it's hard to make the
stretch precise enough to count.

Pat Missin has a better method here:
http://www.patmissin.com/tunings/tun8.html

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
Low Rates, High Success
http://www.youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
http://www.dukeofwail.com
https://www.facebook.com/DUKEofWAIL

--

Robert Hale is the DUKE of WAIL
*________________________*
*
*
*Music Lessons for Adults and Children *
**Harmonica, Steel Guitar, Dobro, Piano Tuner
*Distance Learning via Webcam*
**DUKEofWAIL.com <http://www.dukeofwail.com/>
*480-720-8897*
*