Re: [Harp-L] Re: Hetrick tuning caps

I was too optimistic about tuning a 64 chrome in just over an hour. (Sounds
like a pitch for eyeglasses, huh?)

The Tuning Cap is STILL a good idea. Here's how I applied it:

   1. For pitch reference, I tuned (again) all exposed reeds riveted on the
   outside of the assembled harp, with covers off. Tuner at 442.
   2. Then, with plates off this time but, using the cap, I checked many of
   those same reeds
   3. When I use the cap and DRAW, I get a matched pitch to the assembled
   comb.
   4. When I use the cap on the other side of the plpate and BLOW the same
   reed, I get a sharper tone by 3-5 cents.

So, I completed the tuning by using the cap, and DRAWING on remaining reeds.

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
Low Rates, High Success