Re: [Harp-L] Pucker vs u blocking

We may both get ridiculed here...but I also use ublocking on some single
notes, and have gotten pretty good at it for single note pattern runs at
speed, and for jumping up to a big high note from down low.  I'll use the U
block to find the note first, then quick switch to pucker to bend/trem the
note (so I cut my notes in half time sig wise...half becomes quarter, etc)

I can't bend u blocking (at least not as fully/cleanly as you can from a
pucker), so its utility is limited for me.  I suspect nobody can get really
good at bending in the u block, so its really only useful for short pattern
runs on blow/draw naturals.

I look at it like this:
pucker for normal playing
TB for when you want that cool accompaniment/effects (I'm still learning TB
btw...no reall skills here yet)
u block as a crutch when you need it until you can pucker what you are
u-blocking

beware the TB nazis that will say you must TB your single notes to be a
real harmonica player.  Jason Ricci, John Popper and many others play
pucker most of the time.  (Jason switches to TB for the effects when he
wants it, and John Popper replied "what's that" when asked if he TB'ed)