Re: [Harp-L] Re: 280/64 chromatic screws up or down

Certainly, other variables are present, but I found no performance
difference between up/down pins and screws in the same configuration.  At
the time this was going on, the Golden Melody was the preferred instrument
for overblowing, and we didn't want to compromise its quality in any way by
switching from pins to screws.  This had already been tried once before I
started working for Hohner, and they had to change back to pins because the
harps were much leakier.  But the problem was mainly that the hole
positions were different.  Instead of staggered like the pin holes were,
the three screw holes at the back of the reed plates were positioned
directly behind the three screw holes at the front.

Rick