Re: [Harp-L] Hetrick Tuning Caps! Recommended!

I really like them for the ease of checking for wind saver or reed problems when the plates are off.  And getting tuning in the ball park quickly.

However, on a 270 I am tuning up, using the tuning cap ends up reading about 8 to 12 cents sharper than when I check the tuning with the mouth piece and covers back on the harp.  The results are similar switching between a standard 270 mouth piece and slide assembly, and a hands free chromatic mouth piece referencing the same plate.

Some variables depending on breath pressure and embouchure, but the cap is trending a bit sharp.

Robert, can you confirm if you see a similar difference when you assemble the chromatic you tuned with the cap & compare?

Thanks
Burke T.

Message: 5