Re: [Harp-L] Circle of Fifths (Circle of Fourths) and Positions

Jeff; I taught my sons 'bead' (as in the things that are on a necklace or
the particles of sweat while you practice) and then GCF (whatever
suits...'good christian fellowship' is one from my youth)
Then all you have to do is the same with a flat: BbEbAbDb Gb Cb.....but 'C
flat' is B, so after the Gb you are back at the beginning; BEAD GCF
The cycle of 5ths is something I learned painlessl; If you know what key
all your harps play in 2nd position, then you know the cycle (ie a C plays
in G, a D in A, an A in E etc etc hence:
CGDAEBF#(Gb)C#(Db)G#(Ab)D#(Eb)A#(Bb)F which brings us to C. That's in 5ths,
whereas the BEADGCF sequence is the revers, in 4ths.
RD