Re: [Harp-L] distance learning is a flop

I agree. ÂIf a student is ready and interested in learning, he can learn regardless of the circumstances. Â They may limit some of what the student learns, but they will not keep him from learning. The teacher's job is to aid and encourage learning, but that can be done in a wide variety of ways and circumstances, and still depends some on the student. Imagine someone giving you private lessons in a room full of people, while simultaneously teaching others. ÂIt happens only when the right people are involved, but it does happen. ÂThe choices and opportunities we have today to learn all sorts of things boggles the mind.

Cara

-------- Original message --------
From: Warren Bee <wbharptime2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:12/12/2013  14:12  (GMT-06:00)
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] distance learning is a flop

Being able to learn is a skill in itself. It is a combination of
commitment, a free and open mind and some passion mixed in. If you don't
have all three in sync the odds are that you will fail whether face to face
or online.

If you really have the fever it doesn't really matter what way that you
choose to learn. I say this based upon my observations of others over the
years. Personally I have always had issues with keeping up with the
necessary commitment to study.

What is so amazing here in 2013 is that there are so many learning choices
in the harmonica world. From free to some serious green and a lot in
between.

I guess flops are in the eyes of the beholder.

WB