Re: [Harp-L] What's embossing?

Don't feel bad about that Bob.
I know what it is but I haven't been brave enough to try it yet.
The concept is that you are making the space between the reed and the reed
slot tighter, and this is supposed to make it more responsive.
There are a number of websites that describe the process.
I had the pleasure of meeting Richard Sleigh this last September.
He has a set of videos and tools you can get to help with this process if
you are interested.