Re: [Harp-L] RE: Scottish/Irish tunes (specifically in "minor" keys)

A "minor" key Irish tune that can't be played without bending on either a standard-tuned or Paddy-tuned harmonica is a rare beast indeed (in fact, I don't think I know any). They are all (or very nearly all) modal tunes that can easily be played in third or fourth positions. I was doing it for decades before I even knew what a "position" was. I know you can get harps in all manner of tunings these days, but for Irish tunes think twice before splashing out on minor-tuned harps. You can get by very nicely without them.