Re: [Harp-L] Best solo harp instrumental tunes

Ross Macdonald wrote:
<Do any of you guys and gals play in bands that feature a harp instrumental tune with backing from the band in a set? In my band we <have one that goes over well but we've played it a million times and its getting a bit old to me and the bandmates. I'm in need of <some inspiration for a new feature harp tune to add to our set. Not really looking to cover a tune necessarily, so much as to <inspire our song writer to collaborate with me on an original...

If you want something in a slow instrumental blues, my piece "Blue Hunter", a 16-bar blues with a cool turnaround, might fit the bill.  You can hear a recording with guitar accompaniment by Jerome Harris at:
http://www.hunterharp.com/all-hunters-downloads-in-one-place/

You can also check out the solo pieces on offer there--by definition, they're showcases for harmonica, and many of them could easily be rearranged to include accompaniment.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick