 From: Danny G newharmonica <dannyg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 4:11 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] SPAH and clubs development !

Itâs a 40 minute drive to go to the harmonica club meetings where Iâve been a member since the early 80âs. I donât make the trip very often because itâs sad to see the groupâs still struggling to play the same stuff they were learning to play 30 years ago. Instead, Iâve been traveling (5+ hours) several times per year to take part in events put on by the Harmonica Club of Huntington, West Virginia. Why ?
Because the Harmonica Club is more about playing music and encouraging its members to be better musicians. The club has a bunch of harmonica players but it also has a drummer, singers, guitar players and a blind lady who wails on the keyboard. My hatâs off to Jim Rumbaugh and his club for really doing something to preserve and advance the instrument. Danny G