Re: [Harp-L] Best solo harp instrumental tunes

 We do a cover of Steve Guyger's "Snake Oil" - it's got a great greasy groove, drenched in reverb, kinda rhumba-ish feel that your drummer will probably like, too.  Nice hook, lots of room for improv, it's a good change of pace and audiences seem to like it...

We also do a cover of the Duke Robillard/Sugar Ray Norcia tune "Slam Hammer",  it's more of a rocker, and we throw in a little bit of "Wipeout" into it, yes I said Wipeout, which gives the guitar and drums some glory, too, and then it goes back into Slam Hammer.  I found that one on a live album they did together, although I can't for the life of me find it/remember what the title is.  Older audiences love the Wipeout break, especially, it fits in real well with the tune,and again, it's a good change of pace from the more trad chicago and west coast stuff we play.

dl