RE: Re: [Harp-L] SPAH and clubs development !

The analysis of Arthur is also exactly the same as we could make in France... But I guess in many places of the planet. I totaly agree with him... This is quite clear !...

Online helped a lot for the harmonica...but it is important to meet people, have a network...encourage meetings, and possible exchanges around the harmonica. Also such local (even very very local) initiative to be known, need a support.
That can be central organisation like SPAH... also a central way per default dedicated to any event (initiatives) where to look at...can be on Internet...But Internet has so many places to communicate that you don't really know where to look in final ;) ...
An example: I come back with the Gig List I made for french speaking areas in europe... :)) ...I wanted to make it with the hope to make obvious a central place in the mind of any harmonica player and free from any division of any kind of community old/young/Jazz/Other/Blues/Debutant/Advanced/what again (The more I show it, and that it works on its own, the more I make people accept to think about the idea and show it to other people).
http://harmonicacontact.com/Agendas/Francophonie.html

Do you have such place maintained by the organizers of events, artists in USA ? In other countries ?
UK is more and more interested in such initiative. To be manadged by people local to their own country to promote it and check the quality, and trusted by others, but with dates and events to be added by the artists and organizers !... The kindof thing that can open door to encourage people to make more workshop, masterclass, meeting of people that can become club etc...

In my opinion, having a club not enough opened to several kind of music, with just a range of population, refuse the idea that generations can differ; close the door to someone because having other criteria etc...is an error... because any club to closed to itself is condamned to disapear with the thing it is trying to preserve... and finaly does neither help the style, nor the harmonica in its various forms ...