Re: [Harp-L] Best PA setting to play with band

My response (lower the highs) were not based on any style, only on the concept that the human voice has less high frequencies than a diatonic.

-----Original Message-----
From: captron100@xxxxxxx
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:09:50
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Best PA setting to play with band

Dennis asked what are the best settings to EQ a harp thru a PA.

I regularly play with a guy who owns the PA - an old but good two speaker Bose system on speaker stands, enhanced with a big Bose bass cabinet on the floor.  We play mostly country flavored stuff at moderate volume; and I play clean thru a Shure SM57 on a mic stand.  Whenever I ask him to give me less treble/more bass, he always has reasons why he shouldn't.  I'm going to email him some of these responses.  But before I do, I want to ask how much the brand of PA determines the settings?  And are these responses tailored to give Dennis a distorted Chicago blues type sound as opposed to a clean undistorted sound?  Thanks in advance.
Ron