Re: [Harp-L] Name that Tune? (Saturday Night Blues Jam at SPAH 2013)

Joe Filisko thinks it was probably this one, and I think so, too:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyojEUrpeRg

Here is my best guess for the chord progression:

Key of G

Intro:  I  VI   II,V    I   (I think the band starts the VI two beats early, then band and harp sync up)

Chorus:   I     I         IV        IV
                I     VI      II ,V     I

Bridge:  III    III    VI    VI
             II     II     V <break>

As best I can tell, the chords in the chorus are diatonic (i.e.  II and VI are minor, V is dominant 7), and the bridge is all dominant 7 chords.  Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

The song form is AABA.

Elizabeth H.  (aka “Tin Lizzie”)