Re: [Harp-L] Best PA setting to play with band

       Thanks so much Tom. I have some of your (Olympian) recordings and you are super….. Sure there is reverb on the board: I meant to say I couldn't add any pedal tone-shapers such as the Lone Wolf devices. Here's the deal…I play on a stage that is like a pizza oven with a full band and a rotating army of (often large) singers so real estate is precious. It is owned by a famous song-writing team that I will keep discreet (anyone who knows me knows who they are). The sound man looks like he's having a route canal when he negotiates the oddly placed soundboard. When I play this club with my own band I have no problem utilizing my Kinder amp (or vintage) which I mike into the house with my own Sennheiser. But when I do my weekly celebrity shows as part of a separate house-band I don't have the space and luxury of setting myself up optimally. The misinthropic sound man (believe it or not: he's also the tour sound man for the "Village People") sometimes has a hard time finding me a line out from my miked amp to the board with all the mikes, piano, etc that are needed for the stage. So he's asking me to use one of the wireless vocal mikes when I play…….I guess I should add that as challenging as it is on these celebrity nights I do get a paycheck, the audience often loves the harp, and I get to play with a lot of people not usually associated with diatonic harp players…….I drew out this elaboration because i have gotten a handful of generous email responses and little time to respond to all personally! So mucho thanks to all. My best. d

http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues
facebook.com/yodennis