Re: [Harp-L] Best PA setting to play with band

My two cents, roll off the highs.
I was at the jazz jam that Smokey refers to, and tried to help run sound. We had chromatic and diatonic players.
They all shared the same mikes, so when a diatonic player got up, I simply shelved the highs.
That situation was doomed from the beginning, since the backup band refused to play quietly enough to allow the harmonica soloists to be clearly heard. I wound up turning the PA up as loud as I could and riding the levels.
Others may have more specific advice with regard to which frequencies should be boosted. I do not.
Gary