[Harp-L] Stan Harper needs 00-90 screws & nuts

When I was at the SPAH convention, I learned an interesting bit of harp tech history. Stan Harper told me that in the late forties he was getting his eyeglasses repaired and when he looked at the screws they were using, he realized that you could use them for harmonica reeds. He later told this to Richard Farrell, and Richard bought te thousand or so of these 00-90 screws and nuts in counter sunk and filister head styles, along with the nuts.

The Farrell rivet tool and the 00-90 screws were originally marketed to the chromatic harmonica community, but also became the main solution for reed replacement for the first generation of diatonic harmonica geeks. I started using them in the eighties after i discovered Richard Farrell through Pierre Beauregard.

Anyhow, Stan told me that he ran out of screws and is looking for a place to get them.

I am going to send him the few I have, but if any of you folks have some 00-90 counter sunk stainless steel screws that you are not using. please contact me off list, I'd like to get some put together for Stan.

PS - SPAH was really great this year - more on that later...

Richard Sleigh

P.O. Box 23
Boalsburg PA 16827

Join my list & get entertaining emails and special offers- go to  http://rsleigh.com/ on the left hand side, give me your name & email & you're in!