Re: [Harp-L] RP Users (RP350 PatchReader)

Like Richard, I looked at the Web site for Ready 4 Music (http://www.ready4music.com)
and found no reference to the RP350 PatchReader program. However, there
is a contact email address at the bottom of the page for Cor de Visser,
the apparent author of the software:

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The original reference was posted in the Digitech Sound Community forum by Mr. Visser.
The program was not originated by or from Digitech. It is therefore not surprising
that Digitech has no knowledge of the program.

I have no knowledge of nor connection to either Mr. Visser or the RP350 PatchReader
program.

It is my understanding that the Digitech patch files are XML-based. Those files can be
edited with a regular text editor (like NotePad), PROVIDED that you understand XML
conventions. In some ways, XML is (somewhat) similar in concept to HTML. You should be
able to edit it (CAREFULLY!) to make changes, but I guarantee you that it will be a
P.I.T.A. to learn XML well enough to edit the patch file directly. I've used XML SLIGHTLY
in a former lifetime (as a software engineer).

I find it a little strange that the Digitech X-Edit program does not have the capability
to import/export or print patch files. I don't have a Digitech unit, so I have no access
to X-Edit. (I did download X-Edit and try to run it, but it apparently must have a RP
unit attached to the computer in order for it to work.)

Regards,
Crazy Bob