Re: [Harp-L] Electro Harmonix POG2

Mike Best wrote:
<I've just bought a used POG2 on a whim.  Has anyone had any experience using
<one of these things for harp?  It's got 1 and 2 octaves up and 1 and 2
<octaves down, plus various other controls.  The possibilities seem to be
<endless.  I'm hoping to get some keyboard/organ/sax/bagpipes sounds out of
<it.  Has anyone out there got any tips?

Yeah.  POGs sound great with harp.  My basic advice is to get it into your rig as soon as possible. Turn it on, crank up the low octaves, and let it rip.  You'll figure it out pretty quickly.  It's not an extremely complicated device, and the low octaves are where the fun is with harmonica.  (Harmonica already puts out a lot of high frequency energy.)

Listen to Wade Schuman with Hazmat Modine, who also uses a POG, for object lessons in how to use the big sound.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick