[Harp-L] SPAH and youth

   You're welcome, Winslow.  You never know how a kid might turn out.
That's why I'm optimistic about the Rosebush Youth Fund.  The four Grammy
winners from my dinky little record store were:
The late Stu Nevitt, drummer with the New Age jazz group Shadowfax.
Greg Rzab, bassist in The Buddy Guy Band for 12 years.  Greg also
auditioned (unsuccessfully) for the Rolling Stones and currently tours with
John Mayall.
Kim Thayil, guitarist with Soundgarden.  He used to relentlessly hound me
for the latest Kiss release.
Dawn Upshaw, one of the world's finest classical singers, sang in the choir
at the high school a few blocks away.;
   Tom Zutaut was my chronically late clerk who made David Geffen millions
of dollars by discovering Guns 'N Roses and Elektra Records millions by
discovering Motley Crue.

Mick Zaklan