[Harp-L] Re: Pre SPAH blues blowoff -transportation options

Michael, are you personally familiar with the area?   The  convention hotel
told me that they are not anywhere near being within walking  distance of
the airport Metro Link.  I'll check again and report back at a  later date.
The hotel shuttle runs 24/7 to the airport so the Metro  Link is indeed an
option, but... then it's a two leg journey,  plus the hotel shuttle gives
priority to fliers so there could be  delays while those people are being
transported.  The stadium Metro Link  station is way around the other side from
BB's, it's viable but  some may not want to walk that far, I've been given
the impression that  it's more than 2 blocks but perhaps not, I'll recheck
that as  well.  The hotel shuttle goes only to and from the airport,  nowhere
else.

You might want to shuttle to the airport Metro Link and take  that to the
stadium, & then walk around to BB's.  I  suggest to taxi direct from BB's
back to the hotel in groups if  you stay late, rather than the much more time
consuming two leg trip  back to the hotel... 3 legs if you count the walk
around the stadium.   There is a home baseball game the night of the blowoff,
because of  that parking rates will be higher than normal, depending on game
attendance parking could be scarce.

In any case, I plan to arrive in St Louis a couple days  before the
blowoff.  Will investigate all of this in person and  post what I find.  There
should also be info posted somewhere at  the hotel.

Christopher Richards
harmonicaplanet.com

In a message dated 7/31/2013 10:18:14 P.M. Mountain Daylight  Time, Michael