[Harp-L] Richard Hunter solo circa 1979
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>, harptalk <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Richard Hunter solo circa 1979
- From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 22:48:28 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk20050327; d=earthlink.net; b=uH0cZ+Cve0AsJmyCbaPvi07lu1rnhpaWIPuo+TK5kCaqoS3eDbbCqdouhpl5XL0x; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- Reply-to: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Randy Singer forwarded me an mp3 of a solo I played in an uptempo (quarter note = 150 or so) gospel-rock performance with a Massachusetts band circa 1979. I put the clip up on my site at:
The solo is pretty high intensity, with a lot of high-energy phrases in 16th notes, and it even includes an overblow (I think). Anyway, it's short. Dig.
I remember the show that produced this clip as having a lot of great stuff in it. I'll check the archives and see if I can find it.
Thanks Randy for reminding me about this music.
Regards, Richard Hunter
author, "Jazz Harp"
latest mp3s and harmonica blog at http://hunterharp.com
Vids at http://www.youtube.com/user/lightninrick
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and