Re: [Harp-L] CX 12 and tension bar

Hi Richard -

It's probably not the tension bar. From your description, assuming the slide itself doesn't need cleaning, I would take a close look inside the housing to make sure that none of the 4 little plastic guides that position the comb assembly (they are just below the mouthpiece grill) have been damaged. It's feasible, I think, that if any of these were broken, the comb assembly could be resting against the slide.

Hopefully someone who has more knowledge than I about this will be able to confirm or shoot down my theory.

Generally speaking, the tension bar pressure should not be an issue with respect to the slide. It should just work.

- Slim.