[Harp-L] Shure PE 545 Butterfield

Rob Paparozzi wrote:I got to pull out my Old Shure PE545 (Butterfield) Mic last night and played it thru a Fender Blues Deluxe.https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3frxKVTmEQk

   Good stuff, Rob.  Nice playing; good band; good audio and good video.  Doncha wish that in the description these posters would properly credit the musicians involved.  (And that the announcer, Mark Klein, had learned how to pronounce your name properly!)
   While watching the video I noticed that your mic has a black handle where the switch is.  I don't recall ever seeing that before, so I whipped mine out (my mic, that is).  My mic's handle is polished metal, the same metal as the lower part of the mic's barrel.  At the top of my mic it reads, "Shure 545S, Series 2, Unidyne III" (does not say "PE").  I didn't know there were so many versions of this mic.  I like playing thru mine and it might be my workhorse mic except that my SM57 has a volume control (by Blows Me Away - Greg Heuman).
   I'm curious - I know that thru the years u've usually used an SM57 as your workhorse mic, so other than the fact that for this Gabe Butterfield gig u wanted mic authenticity, how do you feel your (PE?) 545S compares soundwise to your SM57?
Ron