[Harp-L] Harmonica Collective Update
- To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>, harptalk <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonica Collective Update
- From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 20:11:47 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1365995507; bh=U1jYmvOb5moeA175l0TYDMPWCc9J2h7MlU432B+EuuM=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=MtWIRN8HG7Nm8JsWOkNAmMdslMKzGGx8uPHBGE56aaT6DWJRtSQ4ZwcGWXwHk9GMKohbcETQ4T/RV3W6/Epe74piErfQGrQEAtv1z0seGDcEIWom1T7XH0mSFQXfd8Jp/8SEVy8malWHBuQlogG6gs8NS+ppycqvvWw2TeU281o=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=0GRTWY4s/p168IHKHSZtuHgx4U3Tm9Z7KzfyyrFV/G+atQ9YM3wY/vcX5cvExnPFariq9btBzDTObF1X1wBj61Ela26Bl3G6ZLZvOjdi4eJo0n7sBokw3Yhc0yBnqKAYWFfNDJZmv0NZRGASm3FQVHvq7cDHuHlXi/NJudpTIkU=;
- Reply-to: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
The Harmonica Collective spring
gathering is a three-day teaching event featuring Expert Guides Jason Ricci,
Winslow Yerxa, Richard Sleigh, RJ Mischo, Michael Peloquin, and James Conway.
The Harmonica Collective will gather in Indianapolis April 24-27;
for more information visit http://www.harmonicacollective.com.
We have a limit of 45 attendees, who are expected to be intermediate to advanced
players. Places are still available if youâre thinking about attending.
A few updates:
NEW GUEST STARS ADDED
Special Guest Star Buzz Krantz will
be joined by Paul Davies. Buzz and Paul will present informally during evening
times, and may also jester some of the day classes.
THE ROLE OF THE JESTER
Whatâs âjesteringâ a class? In every
class, one of the Expert Guides will be the main teacher or coach, while
another will play the part of jester â heâll ask the stupid-sounding questions
that are brewing in the minds of attendees, who may be struggling to get whatâs
going on. The jester (who may actually wear a jesterâs hat) generally tries to make
the subject clearer while being provocative and outrageous.
RICHARD SLEIGHâS PROJECTION SYSTEM
Richard Sleigh will be bringing his
new projection system that allows everyone gathered around to easily see the
details of his expert harmonica repair and customization procedures. Richard alone
is worth the price of admission for his deep knowledge of both customization and
RJâs DEN OF COOL GEAR
RJ Mischo and Jason Ricci will be
both bringing microphones, amplifiers, and effects units and will hang out a
lot in RJâs Den, where the lights are low and you can get the lowdown on achieving
a great amplified sound.
CHROMATIC HARMONICA WILL BE INCLUDED
Chromatic harmonica will be well
represented in the curriculum. Both Winslow Yerxa and Michael Peloquin are
expert chromatic players whose chops go far beyond third-position bluesÂ to encompass R&B, jazz, musette, Nordic,
and many other styles, while both Winslow and James Conway use chromatic and
diatonic to play Celtic music.
By the way, attendees will be able
to test out their new knowledge and hands-on coaching in both nightly jams and
in onstage performing opportunities on Wednesday and Friday nights.
DAY PASSES AVAILABLE
If you canât make the full event, single-day
passes will be available on a limited basis. For more information contact
Winslow at winslowyerxa â at-symbol - yahoo.com.
Hope to see you there!
Producer, the Harmonica Collective
Author, Harmonica For Dummies, ISBN 978-0-470-33729-5
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Harmonica Basics For Dummies, ASIN B005KIYPFS
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Blues Harmonica For Dummies, ISBN 978-1-1182-5269-7
Resident Harmonica Expert, bluesharmonica.com
Instructor, Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and