[Harp-L] Harper's Gig List Status (meta)

It appears that the gig list is no longer being updated or sent to the
harp-l subscribers.  Checking the harmonica411 website where the gig list
was being hosted the event dates on the list are all from August or so of
2012.  I did attempt to contact Jeff Silverman the person who had
volunteered to take over the gig list compiling from the previous long
time originator of that list, Danny Wilson.  So far I haven't had any
response.

Why this matters other than the harmonica world has lost a valuable
service is our posting policies now reference the harper's gig list as the
place to post your harmonica related events and performances.  It looks
like this policy will need to be revisited soon.  A concern related to
allowing direct posting to harp-l of announcements is that in general
announcements are not interactive and they don't support a conversation
they actually contribute to the degradation of the signal to noise ratio
on harp-l.

If you have thoughts or suggestions regarding this topic please do not
post them directly to the harp-l list.  You can either write me here,
owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx or alternatively you can post to a discussion of
this topic at

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/harp-l-meta-discussions

Only members can join but I'll add anyone who identifies themselves as
wanting to join who answers the question on the membership request about
what the group is about.  The actual group is open though and the content
can be accessed from the web with no special permission required.

harp-l-listowner