[Harp-L] Be a studio musician when you're not there

On Apr 6, 2013, at 6:52 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Subject: [Harp-L] Be a studio musician when you're not there
>

> Anyone involved in FTP remote recording? Recording your tracks at home and
> sending files by internet to be mixed at the studio?

sure, that's simple, FTP is just file transfer.....but I think people do record remotely, live, in Real Time, as the other players are playing far away, in countries where the pay scale is lower.......I think my teacher does that, I'll ask him.

aside from the latency issues, time zones and all, if I have it correct, that's pretty amazing....

Note that this is not the same as being a studio musician and being not all there....

that's easier to grasp, and common.

jk
http://jonkip.com