Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Is Junior Wells over-rated?

Not wishing to belabour any points--I'm simply catching up on some older
digests.

Richard: After the recent NYC screening of Pocketful of Soul I  distinctly
remember Robert mentioning Jr. Wells as his favourite blues player  during
the impromptu Q&A he and Wade Schumann conducted for us  attendees, so your
memory is accurate.

Elizabeth

"Message: 8
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 22:23:54 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
From:  Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I don't speak for  Robert Bonfiglio, but I clearly remember him posting on
this list on at least  one occasion to the effect that in his opinion Junior
Wells was a superior  player to Little Walter.

That's not my opinion, but if I've remembered  correctly, it's an opinion
worth considering.

Regards, Richard  Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
latest mp3s and harmonica blog at  http://hunterharp.com