[Harp-L] Is Junior Wells over-rated?

Hoodoo Man Blues, Checking On My Baby,Chitlin con Carne,Little By Little, Messin, Early In The Morning,Come On This House, Country Girl. All bar blues band staples. I betcha more  blues  based bands play Jrs' songs than both Walters combined.  His music is a great connecting  point with blues based guitarists who are familiar with his stuff through Buddy Guy. Maybe a geographical bias as it seems that a lot of Midwest based players have a special place for Jr. Jim Liban, as Mick pointed out, seldom mentioned Pat Hayes of Lamont Cranston fame, the late Jody Noa, Billy Branch all heavily influenced by Jr.  Look at his wide range of styles through out his career from amped up Chicago blues, to King Curtis staccato , to down home delta blues . Hard to argue with that.

Sent from my iPhone