Re: [Harp-L] Re: Is Junior Wells over-rated?

My philosophy on this is either you get it or you don't.

Real blues is a "feeling"not a "riff"
or a fancy run Through a boutique mic and amp....

You can't be taught to feel the blues. Either you feel it or you don't.

But since others are giving examples I will Share mine.

Junior Wells
"it's my life baby"
vanguard

Listen to this record The whole LP and then we can have the discussion about overrated and not being a bluesman........ In my book he was a Pioneer in elevating the Blues harmonica to a newer level, Incorporating soul funk and new rhythms.... Much like Little Walter pioneered For the players of "his"era.

I have had the same type of discussion in the past with my students about players like Paul Butterfield...

Many think Paul was overrated and not a real bluesman

What if you can get your validation from Muddy Waters himself who needs other harp players to tell us we are great.

Different strokes....enjoy

Rob Paparozzi

Sent from my iPhone