[Harp-L] Junior Wells

   When people mention their favorite all-time blues harp albums, "Hoodoo
Man Blues" is usually in there.  I'd add "Blues Hit Big Town"; again on the
Delmark label.  And I think he acquits himself quite well on the "Come On
In This House" recording (Telarc), done with an assortment of slide
guitarists.  It's one of my favorite play-along cds.
   Of today's players, Jim Liban is one of the very few to use
Junior's riffs extensively and unabashedly. Jim loves Junior.

Mick Zaklan