Re: [Harp-L] amp-less performing (and recording)
- To: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] amp-less performing (and recording)
- From: Boris Plotnikov <ploboris@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:40:09 +0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=G9ywyvbrRrUwFWD1kIojmVx9ovBRnSmJtYT61w0BFR4=; b=rWp2XvyCJGwn0PlNzN5w6myAaccRJd+Tiv2f2B7CmZN/JR6yOYtyEdju335m2kHs45 dI0g86j4rXLuSz1Hwcior38Ka9mZW2B1i0UcdkbZh7cQ69+w6wVs268y7En/IBnSEnUu a6HCDX7KX+i/TK4pKtML9hzs5lYI6E3RJgnv4DU2vg+3j2wTqjdOnE226MIRSj9nw4IO eIJPky1nQQcGV7Z7SauAaynQNzikugFF05K92ByMJVSlJtmXP8Q4UldLsnpmFmUSL3Ax fUWXEZlWF1ayafckQq1dpKfLlA8eH1ovjw2o+NZYSw+TdfrgDN60pS2/TE9pgPf33wS8 /8iw==
- In-reply-to: <1364923514.35376.YahooMailNeo@web160201.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
- References: <1364923514.35376.YahooMailNeo@web160201.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
Previous year I get POD HD for harmonica. I still love amps onstage, but I
almost gave up carrying pedals with me.
2013/4/2 Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
> Last year I hired guitarist Rusty Zinn (Mark Hummel, Kim Wilson) to
> provide guitar backing on the CD for the book Blues Harmonica For Dummies.
> I had already laid down scratch harmonica tracks and just needed to
> capture guitar. I hired a recording studio, thinking that Rusty would show
> up with an amp. But he showed up on foot (whatever happened to that huge
> Cadillac he used to drive?) with a guitar and a Line 6 Pod. He said he was
> done lugging amps around and that he could get the sounds he needed and
> wanted with that small, light rig.
> And he was right. We didn't even use the main studio. We did everything in
> the control room with the engineer and he fed the Pod directly into the
> board, with perfectly fine results. Later, when we needed to do some
> follow-up sessions, we did them in my dining room - no problem with mics
> picking up the passing traffic on Highway 1.
> So, yeah, the romance of amps and the fine detail of the sounds they can
> produce may be the path for some folks. But for others, even some of the
> finest in the business, dialing in your sound on an effects box and
> plugging into the mixing board is also a very fine - and practical - option.
> Winslow Yerxa
> Author, Harmonica For Dummies, ISBN 978-0-470-33729-5
> Harmonica Basics For Dummies, ASIN B005KIYPFS
> Blues Harmonica For Dummies, ISBN 978-1-1182-5269-7
> Resident Harmonica Expert, bluesharmonica.com
> Instructor, Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance
Thanks, Boris Plotnikov
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and