[Harp-L] re:Tombo Chromatic?

Aongus,

I am not a chomaticist, but a diatonic player who was hoping for a simple chromatic solution for racked playing.
(Before the production of the hands-free chromatic)
The Tombo is a rather odd beast. Yes it is a C with a C# on the top row, and I believe they only make it in only that one key.
However, each hole has a single blow or draw reed, alternating up the scale.
Something akin to Winslow's discrete comb, but in a horizontal direction.

I personally found it very difficult to get my head around, but I'm a bit lazy.
I even removed a few of the dividers to get some large blow/draw holes, but still couldn't get into it.
I think a more disciplined player who thinks music theory while playing could make it work well.

I adapt readily to alternate tunings on the diatonic, but the Tombo was just too much for my muscle memory.

Joe