Re: [Harp-L] best small tube amp?

I tried the Excelsior in a small jook Joint type bar I work....it would be a
nice amp to record with but the 13Watts just doesn't cut it when the band
kicks in and starts rockin....I used my Ultimate 57 and my Fireball....it
has a nice crunchy tone but even with the 15in speaker sounded a little
thin,,,,I like an amp with reverb and this has none....and no tone settings
which is a drag...looks cool but not very practical.

My amp of choice is a Fender Blues Deluxe as I prefer an amp that can sound
both 'clean and dirty' the 45watts allows me to compete with the volume of
the Guitars and Keyboards. I'm sure there are better quality boutique amps
out there and someday I will check one out.....

Best,
Rob Paparozzi

On 9/29/12 6:45 PM, "Doug Schroer" <dougharps@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tried an Excelsior at a music store with several different of my mics.  I
> think it has good potential, though it was brighter than I prefer, even
> with the bright switch on normal, and with my 585AV, which has really good
> lows.  Perhaps a parametric eq pedal would have improved the tone to suit
> my preferences .  It had crunch and adequate volume for small and mid sized
> venues.
>
> Doug S.

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s Web Page:
http://robpaparozzi.com

Rob on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=7055110088

Come follow Rob on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/thehoneydripper

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob on Reverbnation:
http://www.reverbnation.com/#/robpaparozzi

Rob¹s Session Sites: