Re: [Harp-L] Practice Makes Better -- Parts 1 & 2

There's a book by David Baker called "Practicing Jazz: A Creative Approach" ( available from Jamey Abersold: www.jazzbooks.com )...both it and Robert Bonfiglio advocate breaking your practice time up into segments...so spend some time on technique, some time on tone production, some on learning new material, etc. etc. How much time you spend on each will depend on how much time you have to practice...or are willing to practice.
I think Iceman's 5 focused minutes a day is an excellent idea for beginning players!
I will also say this: unless you are extraordinarily gifted , the more focused, deliberate practice you do, the faster you will improve.
WVa Bob

Sent from my iPhone