[Harp-L] Fw: bending notes

----- Original Message ----- From: "John" <johnatjumpjiveandswing@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 10:03 AM
Subject: bending notes

----- Original Message ----- Hi. to all of you that offered very useful advice,

I have been playing for a few months mostly learning melodies, my harps are either L/O in "C" & "A"
(that sounds like a european chain of clothing stores)
or Hohner Cross Harps in"D" & "G" and a Golden Melody in "D" & a Bends in "Bb"

I have this morning tried the process of trying to place my tongue at the roof of my mouth
whilst drawing in air sounding the letter "K" but it seemed more difficult to maintain when
I put my lips to the L/O in the key of "A" also the whistling started almost immediately.
Unfortunately I am unable to take up the Skype offer as I do not have the facilities available
to contact people via Skype. I am pleased to read that you all > think that my vocal chords
problem will not affect my ability to learn to bend the notes. Please continue to put forward ideas that you feel may help me to get pass this annoying phase in my desire to become reasonably competent on this wonderful little instrument . At 72 I have no desire to play professionally, but to have some one say to me that was nice is all I aspire to.

Once again thanks to you all ---------- John