Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 109, Issue 83

Angelo
That's right if there ever was a Jazz Artist  that had a long and unusual growth history it would have been Miles Davis.
Coming from the elevated class, father of  a St. Louis Dentist ,was not " born of the ghetto "
As many of his mentors or peers...

That and the long journey he made as a musician to become  " Miles " gives another kind of Cred ....Miles earned this long notes and pregnant pauses.

Anyone that remembers when " Bitches Brew " was cut, he took a lot of heat for " going
Psychedelic "
Jazz people thought Miles had jumped ship but really, Miles was taking command !

Well that's my read on Miles Davis for what its worth.

Mike Wilbur