[Harp-L] THE OLD NEP TUNE: Live & Loopy in Darley Dale

Thanks for all the comments on the "My Babe" video. (@Mathew Smart: the
combs you gave me at SPAH are fabulous and I will make a thank-you video
soon!)

It was recorded in a hotel on a UK tour with Tim Edey, from which I've just
returned home. We played some wonderful places, among them the Whitworth
Centre in the delightfully-named village of Darley Dale, Derbyshire. Sir
Joseph Whitworth was one of the great Victorian engineers who standardised
machine screw threads, among other things.

It seemed an appropriate place to perform my paean to that great enduring
English institution, the Pub. I wrote this song about one in particular, the
Old Neptune in Whitstable, Kent. You must visit sometime! I recommend the
Harveys ale.

It features looping, mic tapping, harmonica effects, beatboxing, and a mild
type of Kiwi/English rap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgal27Rv38Q

Brendan Power

WEBSITE: www.brendan-power.com <http://www.brendan-power.com/>