[Harp-L] Update on Harrison Harmonica/SPAH Scholarship Fund

Two generous souls offered to contribute money, no one who lost money stepped up, and no one responded to my idea on the list. I guess that effectively ends future complaints about Harrison Harmonicas.

Truly the biggest loss was the hope we all had for the success of an innovative harmonica company. The road to the American Dream is littered with failed promises, bankrupt companies, and disappointed customers. Kwan seum bosal to all those involved.

I REALLY like the idea of developing an "Undiscovered Talent" SPAH scholarship fund to bring an unknown harmonica player to the convention. It wouldn't take a lot of money. $200 and change for registration/membership, $75/day for food, $100 a night for hotel, and $300 to to $500-ish for airfare. That adds up to somewhere between $1200 - $1500. That's a relatively cheap date. If there's interest, I'll set up a crowd funding proposal and gather a committee, one of whom can be a rep from SPAH.

There are so many undiscovered talents. How cool would it be to introduce them to SPAH? And what a great way to get some interest in both the organization and harp-l. Perhaps, SPAH would be willing to offer a performance slot to the recipient?

Cheers,

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com