[Harp-L] Low Chromatics

IMO, it takes a lot more than an air tight chromatic to execute the low notes properly. After an air tight chromatic, the reeds need proper gaping, the wind savers need to be efficient and properly adjusted along with proper low note tuning. When that is accomplished, next issue is how play the notes properly with clarity, attack and good intonation.  All of this is difficult on any brand 16 hole chromatic. I have worked with A, Bb and F 16 hole Chromatics and see little value for them other than for ensemble work (more than one chromatic.)  All of the mentioned keys lay well on C Chromatics for me, so no need for the others.

Playing with combos as much as I do, I rarely get below low G and the most effective for me second octave on up. This allows me to cut through the other instruments in the combo. Btw, Toots rarely plays a 16 hole.

Stryker