Re: [Harp-L] Who's "famous" that U-blocks?

Definitely not famous, but I do all three. I began by doing "U" blocking
because it helped me to find / isolate individual notes for more precise
playing. I still use it about half the time, particularly on holes 7-10.
However, I do find that it affects your embouchure enough that it can
really thin out your tone. My tone was, in my opinion, horrible until I
learned to tongue block and pucker.  Big "Chicago" sound? Tongue block. Big
single note vibrato draws? Pucker.  That said, I also use what I call a "U
slap" on holes 2-4 when I want a richer, fatter tone on individual notes on
the low end. Same principle as tongue block, but the air goes right down
the middle, instead of off to the side(s).  So tonally it goes from wide to
a violently focused narrow. Cool effect, and I'm sure others use it all the
time.

 - Blake

--
*New 46 Long CD available on CD Baby and iTunes*:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/46long2

*EPK*: http://www.sonicbids.com/46long

*Facebook: *
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/46-Long-Fan-Page/115326788481704