Re: [Harp-L] Who's "famous" that U-blocks?

Excellent points, Richard.

 I used to use U-Block years ago because it seemed to be very fast, but
switched to pucker because it was easier--for me-- to get  bends and
overbends. When I play chromatic, I use tongue blocking because it works
better with the wider spacing between holes and to get octaves. I also use
tongue blocking on both diatonic and chromatic when corner switching is
appropriate: like making a leap between notes that are spaced far apart:
hole 4 to hole 8, for instance.

I suppose U-block would be about the only way to play only holes 4--6--8.
That's something beyond my capabilities, but I believe some players can do
those kinds of splits.

Eric